Monday, October 10, 2011

TUACHAN

   What the heck is a Tuachan?  I thought it was a South American bird with a large beak used to eat breakfast cereal.  This week I found out it is an outdoor theater located among the red rock hills north west of St. George, Utah.  They put on plays and concerts there.  This summer it was The Little Mermaid and Grease.  
   We had an entire summer to purchase tickets.  So what did we do?  You guessed it.  We waited too long and by the time we made the decision to drive down from Salt Lake and meet our daughter and her children who were driving from California, all of the performances for The Little Mermaid were sold out.  We got tickets for Grease to make the trip at least somewhat productive, but we still wanted to see The Little Mermaid. So we decided to go to the theater and see if there would be any tickets turned in or if someone wanted to sell the tickets they had purchased.  We needed six tickets to accommodate all of us.
   At the box office I put my name on a waiting list and waited.  For two and a half hours I waited.  It rained and I waited.  It stopped raining and I waited.  I ate pizza and waited.  A women wanted to sell me two tickets and I thought, What if I can't get four more?  So I said, "No thank you, and I waited.  A man tried to sell me two tickets and I declined because I needed six, and I waited.  When the box office finally told the lucky people on the  list that their wait was over.  Because our names were about midway down the list and several above us had left I thought we might get in to see the performance.  No such luck.  All they had when they got to my name were two tickets and I needed six.  We didn't get to see The Little Mermaid.
   For those of you who are math challenged:          2 + 2 + 2 = 6
But then hindsight is much clearer than foresight.

No comments:

Post a Comment