Monday, October 31, 2011

CHANGING SEASONS

   Each year as the months progress I hear the same complaints coming from the people around me.  In the Winter it is the frigid weather and how many difficulties and inconveniences snow removal causes.  In the Spring the wind, the rain and the mud are criticized.  In summer it is the heat, lawn mowing and the constant battle with weeds.  In Autumn it is the falling leaves and the continual yard work they bring. Each season has its own unique set of problems but also its own set of joys:
     Winter brings skiing, ice skating and basketball.  
     Spring brings kite flying, gardening, and soccer.
     Summer brings swimming, vacations and baseball.  
     Autumn brings the harvest, school and football.  

   I have decided however, that there are really only two seasons during a year not four as most people commonly think:

   1. Spummer Road Construction season
   2. Fallwin Road Construction season

   Or maybe that means there really only one season: Spummerfallwin Road Construction season.  

   The real measure of the season is how fast you can get from here to there.  As life progresses in Utah it seems the the road works departments of all municipalities are in a conspiratorial plot to make getting anywhere as hard as possible on a year round basis.  It seems like one project stops and another one starts on the same part of a road that was just finished.  It is a constant pain and test of patience.  However, I won't let them get to me. As I dive up to the next man made obstacle course I will simply say to myself, "My tax dollars at work."


No comments:

Post a Comment