Tuesday, December 6, 2011

COLD ENOUGH

  I finally got it cold enough in my house. The thermostat is constant battlefield between my wife and I.  She is always too cold and I am always too warm.  She pushes the temperature up. I come behind her and lower the setting. Summer and Winter the war continues unabated. I don't think this is anything different than what happens in most homes.  Mars wants to be cold; Venus wants to bewarm.

  Today it is a little different.  Due to a recent cold snap the pipes that remove excess water caused by the functioning of our new furnace froze solid.  Don't ask me how furnaces can produce water or how pipes that are routed through the attic can become cold enough to freeze but they do and did.  As a result the temperature in the house is now a cozy 64 degrees. 

   Luckily my spouse has been out shopping most of the morning and has missed the excellent temperatures I have been basking in.  I will admit that the tips of my nose and fingers are a bit cold even with the scarf and gloves I am wearing.
                                             (I may have made up the part about the scarf and gloves.)

No comments:

Post a Comment