Wednesday, March 27, 2013

RED & GREEN

Semaphores were created to cause stress not manage traffic. I know this because every time I have somewhere to be in a hurry, and it requires that I have a favorable stop and go ratio at the intersections I will traverse, invariably the green lights disappear and the red lights multiply.  If I have no particular deadline to meet and the arrival time at my destination is optional then green lights abound and red lights hide their ugly faces. 

This phenomenon has no relationship to time of day. Rush hour with its congested traffic is not caused by increased volume of cars but by the presence of so many stressed out drivers.  There must be a secret sensor installed in every car ever manufactured that broadcasts the drivers state of urgency to the traffic light system. When a high level of stress is detected then red lights are authorized.

If I had my way this is what I would see every time I had and urgent need to get somewhere in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment