Wednesday, February 1, 2012

THE ROAD TO HELL

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

The older I get the more this old maxim rings true. I find myself intending to do many things, but actually accomplishing very few of them in a satisfactory manner.


I intend to read more than I
             watch TV.
I intend to clean out and 
              reorganized the storage 
              room.
I intend to write the Great American Novel.
I intend to visit friends and relatives more often.
I intend to get more exercise.
I intend to eat less and lose weight.
I intend to follow my budget better.
I intend to complete the illustrations for the  
             children's picture book I've written.
I intend listen better to my wife's advice.
I intend to research my family tree.
I intend...but I guess you get the idea by now.


If Hell is looking back on the time you have wasted and could have used more wisely during your life, then I suppose most of us have at least one foot in fire and brimstone.


We all need to get up off our good intentions and do those things that will truly bring happiness. Those 'things' usually involve stepping outside ourselves and serving others.




No comments:

Post a Comment